"Werner-Hartmann-Zentrum" (WHZ) for technologies of electronics is a competence center of the Faculty of Electrical and Computer Engineering of Technische Universität Dresden.
WHZ is a platform where technologically oriented professorships bring in their equipment and based on this ...
- ... enhance the availability of single processes and complete technological paths for internal aas well as external use in projects and for scientific services.
- ... acquire new research and cooperation partners by the comprehensive presentation of technological options.
- ... use synergy effects in operating the technological equipment.
- ... standardize processes and cost structures in providing services.
- ... ensure the durable operativeness of the equipment.
- ... coordinate strategical decisions about supplementing the equipment pool.
- ... offer external interested parties a common interface for using the equipment.
The core of WHZ is a high-tech building of the Faculty of Electrical and Computer Engineering which is in use since Octobre 2013, the so called Werner-Hartmann-Building. Currently seven professorships of four different institutes do have excellent infrastructure conditions for students education and research
Management and coordination is organized amongst the participating professors.